የናይትድ ስቴትስ አሜሪካ የኮሮና ቫይረስን ለመከላከል የሚውል የ37 ሚልየን ዶላር ለኢትዮጵያ ለገሰች።
የገንዘብ ድጋፉ ኮሮናን ለመመርመርና የምርመራ አቅምን እንዲሁም የህዝቡን ግንዛቤ ለማሳደግናለመሳሰሉት የሚረዳ ነው።
The United States Provides Over $37 Million to Ethiopia for COVID-19 Response
Addis Ababa, May 8, 2020– Since the outbreak of COVID-19, the United States Government has committed over $37 million to Ethiopia to help mitigate the spread of the virus. Through the U.S. Department of State, the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the United States is working closely with partners from the Ministry of Health, the Ministry of Peace, the Ethiopia Public Health Institute, the National Disaster Risk Management Commission (NDRMC), and other international and local partners to provide life-saving support in response to the ongoing coronavirus emergency.
Through this assistance, the United States is supporting:
● Case management to strengthen clinical care while minimizing the risk of onwards transmission to others.
● Infection prevention and control to prevent and control infections in health-care facilities.
● Laboratory strengthening to prepare lab systems for large-scale testing for COVID-19.
● Public health screening to help Ethiopia implement emergency plans to screen people arriving at various points of entry, including Bole International Airport.
● Communications and media campaigns to help educate the Ethiopian public on steps they can take to prevent and respond to the spread of the virus.
● Surveillance and rapid response support to enhance COVID-19 case identification, investigation, and contact tracing.
● Continued operations at Hawassa Industrial Park to preserve jobs and repurpose manufacturing facilities to produce personal protective equipment for domestic and regional use.
● To ensure humanitarian assistance continues to reach those in need, including refugees and internally displaced persons, U.S. coronavirus assistance ensures proper safety and hygiene measures at food distribution sites, including adequate water and sanitation facilities.